An Update from Skillit
First, thank you for being a part of the Skillit community. We want you to know that, as a community member, your health and well-being is our top priority.
These are unprecedented times and, now, more than ever, coming together and finding support, togetherness and connection matters.
Here is what Skillit is doing:
- All in-person Skillit experiences will be moved to Summer 2020.
- Makers can continue to create their profiles and in-person Skillits that commence at a later date. We know that there will be an increased longing for experiences, human connections and overall in-person interaction when social distancing ends.
- Until then, Skillit is going virtual with SkillitLive. Over the next week, we are working quickly with our team and our Makers (the skilled experts) to create Skillits (workshops, lessons, classes, 1-1 or 1 to many) to be taught online, in real-time and on-demand.
Cook with an Indian chef , learn how to work remotely, learn how to do your taxes, plan for retirement, plant a garden at home, or learn how to code in real-time virtually. There options are endless!
Some Ways You Can Participate:
- Help teach a skill virtually - Sign up as a Maker! You can sign-up, learn more about becoming a maker here and connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Earn money or teach for free. Connect with others and build a community all from the comfort of your home. All Skillits are commission free - so if you charge a fee that means you keep 100% of the money you make.
- Learn something new online - We know you’re bored of binge-watching Netflix - so use 30 minutes and learn something fun and connect with a real human from your home. Sign up as a Dreamer and acquire a new skill today!
- Spread the word - know someone who could use the extra money or is looking to fill their time, send them to our website or share our social media updates (@myskillit).
For ongoing updates and tips to stay healthy, please follow all the guidelines listed on the Government of Canada Website addressing COVID-19 prevention and risks. This is serious, and should not be taken lightly.
We understand that this can be a stressful time for many. If you would like to speak with someone from the Skillit Team for any reason, please reach out to email@example.com.
Sarah Katyal and Zahra Al-Harazi