Soap making workshop
Everything you need to know
During this workshop, we’ll demonstrate how to make two kinds of soap- a glycerine based melt and pour soap and a traditional cold-process soap using natural oils and lye. We’ll discuss how to infuse soaps with different healing properties, which oils to use and various soap-making techniques. Then we’ll make soap together! You’ll leave with an instructions booklet and several bars of soap.
- Make a range of melt and pour soaps , that will be ready in a few hours, using pre-made soap bases, colours and fragrances.
- Use a variety of techniques to create stunning visual effects in the soap
- Use natural and cosmetic colours to get the look you want, whether you want fun or the natural rustic feel.
- Add natural ingredients to achieve an exfoliating effect in your soap
- Embed objects and soap shapes in bars or loaves of soap to create fun, fabulous soaps
- How to make soap without lye
Skillit will last:
2 hours hours
Once your Skillit is confirmed, changes may be made at the discretion of the provider and must be arranged directly with them.
Provide your necessary details for the experience.
The Maker will confirm the booking, or suggest alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. See you on your next Skillit!
Andrew has a background in environmental science and is currently studying herbalism. He has been making his own bodycare products for over 15 years. His passion for the natural world extends into his everyday life where he tends to multiple gardens and forages through forests for wild herbs.