Hands-On DJ Bootcamp Level 1
Everything you need to know
From rookie to veteran I've got the training that will suit all your DJ goals. A comprehensive 9 hour introduction course covering all the basics of mixing, scratching, and use of equipment. Designed for the beginner with little to no experience on the turntables. The main focus of "Intro to DJing" is to develop hand skills, basic music theory, and experiment with different ways of playing with sound on your very own vinyl turntable setup.
- Intro to hand positioning, cueing, and releasing into a mix
- Fundamentals of beat counting and musical theory as it pertains to the DJ
- In depth focus on beat matching
- Intro to effectively using EQs in mix transitions
- Intro to beginner and intermediate transition techniques beyond beat matching
- Foundation and intermediate use of scratches such as the "baby", "skribble", "transform", "stab", and "release"
- In a fun and relaxed environment, you will have your own station with full setup
Skillit will last:
Once your Skillit is confirmed, changes may be made at the discretion of the provider and must be arranged directly with them.
Provide your necessary details for the experience.
The Maker will confirm the booking, or suggest alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. See you on your next Skillit!
Hello, my name is Dominik and I'm a Professional Music Producer and DJ (based in Toronto and Los Angeles) with 13 years of experience in Audio Production, Sound Design, Audio Recording, DJ'ing, Piano, Midi Keyboards, Synths and much more. I’ve been teaching Audio/Music Production for 9 years.